Monday, August 24, 2009

Getting old

I really don't mind so much about getting old. Well OK I did mind about the bifocals. But the gray hairs, sagging parts, peeing at odd times, and decreased hearing/libido/energy, are no problem.

What DOES get to me about getting old is (yes the bifocals) the fact that the kid will be moving away soon. I never thought that the empty nest thingy would bother me. I know she has a good head on her sholders and will be quite OK. But we've been together most of the time since she was born and I'm going to miss the shit out of her!

Oh, OK! Sure we have days that we can't stand the sight of each other. But for the most part we enjoy each other's company and the girl has gotten sooooooooo funny. She really can crack me up. And then I pee. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment