Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I have some pet peeves. No, I have some things that make me out of my fucking mind. They are stupid things. Things my loved ones keep doing. I have a hunch that it's these stupid little things that are the reason for divorce or murder. The woman comes into the kitchen and sees that her loved one has done "it" one more time!!!

First off we have to keep our trash can under our sink so that the dogs don't help themselves to a snack of say potato skins or egg shells. But my loved ones can't seem to remember where it is. The damn dogs do. If the door isn't locked, then you get to clean garbage off the entire kitchen floor.

One thing the loved ones do is throw their tea bags into the sink. I asked why. The answer, "They are wet." WTF?! So is the garbage. If we are supposed to have dry garbage then I guess we will soon be hearing from the dry garbage police.

And you know those little stickers on fruit? (And who puts all those little suckers on anyway? When they were kids did they want to grow up to be a fruit sticker?) Anyway my loved ones peel those little stickers off and stick them on the edge of the sink or sometimes on the counter. I am glad they eat fruit but I am sick of peeling those little stickers off every time I go into the kitchen. Once again the trash is about 2.3 feet from the sticking place.

Another thing that makes me crazy (I know I'm sounding a little OCD here) is I am the only person who can shut a door. Frig door, pantry door, back door, front door, closet doors, cupboard doors...you get the idea. No matter how many time I shut them, they keep coming open a few inches. Maybe it's a door conspiracy??

No ever sees things on the floor. I don't mean all the little crumby things, I mean like whole books or giant leaves. Somebody tracked a big leaf from our fig tree once. I left it where it lay, just to see what would happen. The leaf turned brown and got crispy. The loved ones just walked over it. and the animals didn't care. Amazing.

And of course there is the replacing the toilet paper. Why is this so hard? What I find at our house is three squares left on the roll and a new roll sitting on the back of the toilet. I guess you don't use the last three squares equals you don't have to put the new roll on the dispenser.

My youngest loved one is supposed to chuck stuff from the refrigerator while I am out buying groceries. There was a half of a container of milk left in there. The date was 1980, when asked why it wasn't thrown out she said, "There was still some left." I guess she didn't notice that it was a solid chunk. Bleck!!

1 comment:

  1. LOLOL you, my friend, are hysterical. Part of why I love ya so

    Shellon

    ReplyDelete